Aim: Controlling Light using Telegram-Bot
Services Used:- Telegram-Bot, Google colaboratory, GitHub, Heroku, Adafruit IO.
About BOT :
A bot (short for “robot”) is an automated program that runs over the Internet. Some bots run automatically, while others only execute commands when they receive specific input. There are many different types of bots, but some common examples include web crawlers, chat room bots, and malicious bots.
An Internet bot, web robot, robot or simply bot, is a software application that runs automated tasks (scripts) over the Internet. Typically, bots perform tasks that are simple and repetitive, much faster than a person could. The most extensive use of bots is for web crawling, in which an automated script fetches, analyzes and files information from web servers. More than half of all web traffic is generated by bots
Bots are third-party applications that run inside Telegram. Users can interact with bots by sending them messages, commands and inline requests. You control your bots using HTTPS requests to our Bot API. At the core, Telegram Bots are special accounts that do not require an additional phone number to set up. Users can interact with bots in two ways:
At the core, Telegram Bots are special accounts that do not require an additional phone number to set up. Users can interact with bots in two ways:
- Send messages and commands to bots by opening a chat with them or by adding them to groups.
- Send requests directly from the input field by typing the bot’s @username and a query. This allows sending content from inline bots directly into any chat, group or channel.
In GitHub I have written my code and Deployed it on Heroku. After all the procedure done this is how my Telegram-Bot works. It works on the command given by me.
When the command is sent to the Bot, the value in feed that I have created in Adafruit IO will also change automatically. This all works simultaneously as an Real Time system.
Here how it works…..
- Get customized notifications and news and a bot can send you relevant content after publishing.
- Integrate with other services. A bot can enrich Telegram chats with content from external services like Gmail Bot, Image Bot, GIF bot, IMDB bot, Wiki bot, Music bot, YouTube bot, and GitHub bot.
- Accept payments from Telegram users. A bot can recommend paid services or work as a virtual storefront.
- Create custom tools like alerts, weather forecasts, translations, formatting or other services.
- Build single and multiplayer games.
- Build social services. A bot could connect people looking for conversation partners based on common interests or proximity.
I would like to Thank INMOVIDU TECH for giving me this wonderful opportunity to explore regarding IOT,ES and ROBOTICS concepts and also i would like to Thank my instructor Ameer who helped me to understand the concepts very efficiently.